This program is not scheduled to run at this time. Please continue to check this website for future updates.
Admission to the RN-to-BSN program is handled through the Office of Admission and is open to applicants who meet the specific admission requirements listed below. Applicants must apply through the Common Application. Once received by the University of Miami (UM), all applications are reviewed by the Office of Admission and the School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS).
1) RN License
2) Sixty Transferable Credits
- This must be an active and unrestricted license to practice in the State of Florida
- These credits must be completed in non-vocational, non-nursing courses at a regionally accredited institution with a grade of “C” or higher
- These credits must include the following prerequisite coursework:
3) Minimum 2.5 Transfer GPA
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- 9 credits in Arts & Humanities
- 9 credits in People & Society
Applicants interested in any of the SONHS' baccalaureate programs are encouraged to speak with a representative from the SONHS’ Office of Student Services (OSS) and/or the UM’s Office of Undergraduate Admission.
More information about the RN-to-BSN program and the SONHS may be found in the Academic Bulletin and the Student Handbook.